Please read and carefully consider the following details and guidelines for the WWIY Sustainability Video Award 2019 before submitting your video. Failure to abide by these rules and criteria may render an entrant ineligible for the competition.
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
The fee to enter the WWIY Sustainability Video Award 2019 is kept low at RM50.00 to keep it affordable and to encourage participation. For each entry you submit, an accompanying RM50.00 entry fee must be paid or the entry will be automatically disqualified.
All entries must:
- Meet all eligibility and deadline requirements;
- Conform to defined submission requirements;
- Conform to all copyright laws;
- Be accompanied by proof of payment; and
- Be submitted digitally through the official WWIY Sustainability Video Award 2019 entry system via online transfer google drive and YouTube link.
Any entry form or supporting materials received via any other method shall not be considered a valid submission.
Deadline for submission is 30 June 2019. However, you can submit your video as early as you’d like (starting NOW!)
The WWIY Sustainability Video Award 2019 is open to individual or group (maximum of 3 person’s in a group) entrants aged between eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) years old, with a registered YouTube account. Entrants must be of Malaysian Citizenship or residing in Malaysia.
Deadline to Enter: 30 June 2019 no later than midnight.
Competition Rules: All submissions must be original work by entrant and/or person responsible for such submissions.
How to Enter:
The competition will be launched on 15 May 2019. Upon payment of entry fee and appropriate submission form, you will be notified by email that your entry was received. No entry will be deemed accepted until all entry criteria have been met.
Once submitted, no refunds will be entertained.
Submissions for the first WWIY Sustainability Video Award 2019 must be based on this year’s theme: Plastics: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
This is in line with WMAM’s Annual Conference being held on the 31 July and 01 August 2019.
Plastics have been a major global issue in the past two years. With China’s ban on the import of plastic waste and the corresponding environmental impact of plastic waste, countries all over the world are looking at alternatives to solve this issue. This theme is selected to raise awareness of plastics and its environmental impact both in Malaysia and on the global stage.
Entrants shall explore any component of the plastic supply chain including but not limited to manufacturing, waste prevention, waste generation, collection, recycling, recovery, treatment and disposal either in part or as a whole in context of what can be done by individuals, communities, townships, cities or municipalities in an original, witty way.
All videos must:
- Be original content, made specifically for WWIY Sustainability Video Award 2019 and not previously submitted for any other competition/use;
- Be a minimum 30 seconds and should not exceed a total duration of 90 seconds in length. Opening and/or closing credits are not required, but (if added) must be within the maximum total duration of 90 seconds. Anything over 90 seconds risks being disqualified.;
- Be in any language or have no dialogue at all. Non-English audio (or important on-screen text) must have English subtitles;
- Be submitted digitally via online i.e. we transfer, google drive and youtube link;
- Be only submitted once. Entrants may submit multiple entries (each entry accompanied by RM50.00), as long as each entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that entrant;
- Be U-rated or Umum/Universal for General Audiences (religious, pornographic, racist, illegal or otherwise inappropriate videos will be automatically disqualified from competition);
- Be in colour, black and white or a combination of the two;
- Be in a genre of the entrant’s choice including but not limited to a documentary, fiction, animation, a community-service announcement or a music clip or a combination thereof. It might be humorous or serious;
- Be accompanied by proof of permission submitted for any and all copyrighted materials used; and
- Be accompanied by proof of payment;
WMAM reserves the right to disqualify any video not in compliance with the entry rules and eligibility, so make sure you have read them thoroughly! The accepted videos will be uploaded on WMAM’s Youtube Channel and voted on WMAM’s Facebook Page.
WMAM reserves the right to use entrant content (including all or part of any video submitted by an entrant) in any manner they choose. Submission of an entry constitutes consent by the entrant for WMAM to use the content (including any copyrighted materials) in this way and also to use the entrant’s details for publicity purposes. Submissions become the property of WMAM. The non-exclusive worldwide rights for all media submitted must be available for five (5) years for use by WMAM.
All copyright, moral rights and rights of personality for all content, including music and actors, must be cleared. Failure to clear these rights will result in removal of the entry from consideration in the competition.
WMAM takes no responsibility for any failure by an entrant to obtain the necessary authorisations. Entrants warrant that their video (and any material contained in their video, including, but not limited to, any clip) do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. Entrants will fully indemnify WMAM against any loss, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party or another party.
WMAM shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on email received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake.
All personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and age, is collected solely for the purposes of administering this contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used by WMAM and its affiliates for the stated purposes.
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
|1. Creativity/Originality – videos must be the entrant’s own work, in the entrant’s own words, may include personal experiences, able to convey their idea, message or thoughtful observations in an original and imaginative way through their lens, narrative, performance, etc. Videos must reflect that the entrant has carefully examined and thought through the theme;
|2. Message content, clarity and relevance – videos must apply/address the theme, present in a logical sequence, show relevance, able to evoke an emotion, retain momentum, be compelling, motivating and inspiring showcase their personal touch and technique to influence how the video is presented and interpreted, the manner in which the entrant presents themselves, speaks to the camera and relays their message. The best performance is one that is the most natural, which does not look contrived, scripted or stiff;
|3. Technical organization – assessment of the video produced in terms of continuity, timing, camera operation, balanced audio/sound quality, in focus/picture quality, use of lighting, use of background, editing and adherence to time limit, overall quality of the video including how smooth the transitions are, whether the editing compliments the flow of content, the use of copyrighted materials;
|4. WMAM’s Logo – creative use, application and representation of WMAM’s Logo; and
|5. People’s Choice/Most Likes – videos will be ranked based on the number of ‘Likes’.||Most Likes – 10 points
Second Most Likes – 8 points
Third Most Likes – 6 points
Video does not need to be professionally produced. In fact, we discourage it. We prefer a more down-to-earth style video production. It can be produced by your mobile devices, computer, webcam or other video tool necessary to get your message across.
The entrants whose submissions best capture the theme and are considered the most engaging, imaginative and innovative in content and delivery, will be deemed the winners. All decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached. The winners will be announced and the winning videos screened at the WMAM Gala Dinner.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation for the video competition.
There will be three awards selected:
- First Prize – RM2,000.00
- Second Prize – RM1,000.00
- Third Prize – RM500.00
- 4 x Consolation Prize – RM250.00
All winners will also be entitled the following:
- One (1) free entry to the WMAM Annual Conference (31 July and 01 August 2019)
- One (1) free entry to the WMAM Gala Dinner (31 July 2019)
- A one (1) year free WMAM Individual Membership
- Certificate of participation
|LAUNCH OF VIDEO COMPETITION||SUBMISSION DEADLINE||JUDGING PERIOD||WINNER SELECTION & AWARDS|
|15 May 2019||5 July 2019||8 – 22 July 2019||31 July 2019|
Should there be any need for clarification or problems faced or even if you’re still not sure about all the rules, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone!